Title: Fun with Food

Author: Serena (RDBDAWS0N@aol.com)

Disclaimer: Don't say it. Don't even THINK it. I could never, ever be mean to these poor characters. I own nothing in this story, it all belongs to Joss Whedon. Who, by the way, doesn't deserve them. Us fans are much nicer...

Author's Notes: I Will Remember You scarred me. Almost as bad as The Prom did. This is happy, fluffy therapy fic set in the middle of the episode, where Buffy and Angel are eating in bed. I wrote this for Jess, it was her idea and she was nice enough to let me use it to write this. I live for feedback, it's almost as good as chocolate. Send either and I'll love you forever.


Angel stood in front of the refrigerator, rummaging around for food. He was famished, it felt like he hadn't eaten in years. The snacks he had had before had barely helped, and what he and Buffy had just done had worked up his appetite. Angel chuckled as he bit into the apple that was lying on the shelf, piling his arms high with food. He'd have to remember to thank Cordelia, she had gotten him all this while he had been out looking for Buffy.

"And peanut butter! Preferably crunchy!" her voice called, sounding almost faint from the bedroom. Angel quickly located it, reaching into the fridge and marveling at how he could feel cold now. He had been standing with the fridge door open for almost a minute, and little goosebumps had developed on his pale skin.

"Got it!" Angel called back to her reassuringly, his mouth full. He took another bite of the apple and pulled a container of ice cream out of the freezer, chewing as he closed the door with his foot, careful not to step on any of what remained of his plates. He and Buffy sure had made quick work of the table...

Chuckling to himself at the sight of his table on its side, he sidestepped the chairs and silverware and walked back to bed quickly, his arms laden with food. He almost dropped it on his way he reached the bed, but deposited the food on the mattress before it spilled out of his hands. Slipping under the comforter once more, he moved some of the food aside to make room for his large body and turned his attention to the smiling blond who was presently scooping peanut butter out of the jar and onto a piece of chocolate.

"Mmm," Buffy said smilingly as she brought the chocolate to her lips. "A perfect yum." Angel smiled back at her, a feeling of happiness rising in his soul. They were together, they would never be parted again. It was perfect. Buffy giggled at his look, putting the chocolate to her lips and tantalizing him with it. Angel smiled back at her and fed her ice cream from the carton.

She sighed at the taste. "Mmm, this is a dream," she said wistfully. "You're human for like a minute and already there's cookie dough fudge mint chip in the fridge." Angel scooped some more of the ice cream onto his spoon, popping it into his mouth before speaking.

"God, I love food." He loved food almost as much as he loved her...

"Food is good," she agreed as she put more peanut butter on the piece of chocolate and fed it to Angel. She leaned in for a sweet kiss and was rewarded with one filled of chocolate and love. When it ended she leaned back slightly and looked him in the eyes, her whole face sparkling with happiness.

"Why didn't you ever tell me about chocolate and peanut butter?" he asked as he chewed, eating more ice cream as well. Buffy tossed her blond hair over her shoulder and rose on her knees to shift her body, settling herself along the length of Angel's body and curling her legs under her.

"Well," she said with a sigh, "I figured if your vamp taste buds couldn't really savor it, then it would just hurt you to know. By the way, I'm over the whole needing-to-be-mature thing. That time you just spent in the kitchen?" she said gazing deeply into his dark eyes, loving how happy they were. "That was enough time apart."

"Too much," he agreed with a grin. Spooning more ice cream out of the container, his lips met Buffy's instead of the food. She leaned over more, wanting to feel his body pressed next hers completely. Angel forgot all about the ice cream as he became lost in Buffy, her smell, her taste, her love...until he felt something cold dripping onto his chest. Breaking away from her, he righted the spoon and laughed as it slid down a bit, feeling sticky and cool on his skin.

"Uh...okay," he said as he hastily put the spoon back in the ice cream carton and looked down at it. "Mortal coordination leaves something to be desired."

Buffy looked at the ice cream for a moment before her gaze drifted back up to his face. Her eyes were sparkling with mischief and Angel smiled at her.

"Wrong..." she argued as she leaned over his broad chest. "It's just right." She carefully placed her tongue on his chest and licked up, cleaning him of any ice cream. Angel chuckled when he realized what she was doing, finding himself falling in love with her all over again. She was so cute...and she was laughing, her breath warming his chest...

Buffy looked at him again, licking her lips. Angel brought her mouth to his hard, pulling her body onto his as Buffy giggled innocently and continued to kiss him. She tore her lips from his mouth and moved them to his neck before making her way down to his broad chest. Angel took this opportunity to open the strawberries he had brought to bed and pop one in his mouth.

Buffy glanced up at the sound of rustling and tried to give Angel an evil glare when he looked down at her. He smiled sheepishly and pulled the green stem away. She sighed and crawled back up his body, her mouth inches from him again.

"You really are hungry, aren't you," she said wryly as she reached for the ice cream. Angel nodded.

"I haven't eaten in two hundred and twenty years. Everything taste amazing," Angel said as he fed Buffy a strawberry. He leaned down for another kiss. "But not as good as you..." he mumbled onto her lips as he licked the juice that trickled down her chin.

Buffy sighed happily and brought her hand up to caress Angel's cheek.

"This isn't real," she whispered. Angel turned to gaze at her deeply, his love for her clear in his eyes.

"This is as real as it gets, Buffy," he replied, kissing her wrist. She snuggled back down into the blankets, the whipped cream that was between her and Angel sticking into her side. She picked it up with a wicked grin. "Let me eat, I don't have the energy right now," Angel pleaded with a smirk. Buffy laughed and reached over Angel to place the canister on the nightstand. Angel turned his head to look at her, craning his neck to take in the vision she made in his shirt.

"I like you in my clothing," he said slyly, picking up another strawberry. He bit half of it and then placed it on Buffy's lips, where she proceeded to tease him mercilessly with it.

"I like you *out* of them," she replied, gesturing down at him. Angel laughed softly, a sound that reverberated though his entire body. He was in bed with the love of his life, eating strawberries and ice cream and engaging in what could be considered verbal foreplay. This was a day he would never, ever forget...

"So what are we gonna do, Angel?" Buffy asked after a time, munching on the remainder of the chocolate. She tossed the wrapper onto the nightstand and looked up at him from her vantage point on his chest.

Angel hugged her close to him. "About?"

"Us. I mean, I can't really live here with college and you have your business and..."

"We'll think of something, baby," Angel said his hand reaching up to run through her golden hair. She seemed to glow, her skin was still flushed and her eyes were shining. Angel had never seen anything so beautiful.

Buffy was content with the answer and placed her hand on his heart, reveling in the feeling of it beating. They sat quietly for a while, both slowly becoming full. Angel fed Buffy the last strawberry, giving her a bite before popping the rest of it into his mouth. With a sigh she kissed his chest softly and began gathering up the wrappers and remains of their impromptu meal.

Her arms full, she stood and made her way into the kitchen. She laughed when she saw the kitchen in shambles. She had only dreamed of having sex with Angel on a table...

"We sure did a number on that, didn't we?" Angel said as he joined her in the kitchen. Buffy nodded.

"I still can't believe it," she said as she placed the ice cream in the freezer. Angel came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, making it difficult for Buffy to concentrate. He hadn't gotten dressed yet...

"I know, it's unbelievable. I mean, I'm human and--"

"Not that," Buffy laughed. "The part about the table. I don't think I'll ever look at a kitchen the same again..."

Angel growled playfully, tightening his hold on her. She spun around in his arms and gazed up at him under her dark lashes.

"So, you full?"

"For now..."

Buffy giggled playfully, bringing a hand up to play with his hard chest. "So, then, what do you wanna do?"

Angel's response was a sweet kiss that left them both gasping. Angel's eyes suddenly lit up when an ancient memory surfaced in his mind, of a date he had taken Buffy on...to the movies... Detaching himself from her arms, he went back to the fridge and pulled the door open, rummaging around for something.

"Angel...what in the world are you doing?" she asked, watching the light glint off of Angel's muscular back, his tattoo a sharp contrast from his pale skin. "You really need to work on your tan. Not that I'm complaining...but we could tan together. With oil. And no swimsuits..." she giggled, thinking aloud. Angel looked over his shoulder and gave his lover a wicked grin.

"Sounds like a plan to me," he said. "Now go back to bad, I'll be right in."

Buffy shrugged and turned away, sneaking one last glance at him. God, he was sexy...and extremely naked... With a grin, she did as she was told, settling on the blankets and stretching leisurely. Her arms raised above her head as she arch her back off the bed, working out the kinks. Only when she felt her shirt being unbuttoned and a cool substance being placed on her stomach did she open her eyes.

"Angel...is that whipped cream?" she asked, arching an eyebrow at him.

"You remember that movie we went to see?" Buffy stared at him blankly for a moment before she remembered. It was something that they had thought would be about food...and ended up being something totally different...

"Yeah..." she said uncertainly. Angel gave her a sexy half-smile.

"I thought we could recreate some of those scenes," he replied, leaning down to lick the whipped cream off her stomach. A slow smile spread across her face and she brought his face up to meet hers, glancing down at the bedspread. Fruit, more ice cream, chocolate syrup, icing, and the opened whipped cream canister laid beside her.

"I thought you were full," she said playfully, her lips centimeters from his.

"I can make room if I'm gonna be eating off of you," he replied softly, catching her lips in a fiery kiss while reaching for the chocolate syrup.

He suddenly felt very hungry again.


+ THE END +